Join our Group
By joining the Bathurst Family History Group, members have access to many useful publications and other resources of help in genealogical and family history research.
- Free access to the group's many useful microfiche, microfilm, computer and published resources
- Special seminars conducted from time to time by guest lecturers.
- Special activity days such as visits to cemeteries and cemetery transcription activities which are organised from time to time.
- Guest speakers always provide a new ideas and inspiration to members' research activities.
- Members have access to all the Group's resources. These include resources on the Group's Computer which can be accessed in Bathurst City Library hours.
- Members may access the special Members Only section of our website which includes more than 50,000 records re Bathurst families and people, including headstone inscriptions, cemetery indexes, land holdings, BDM details and other useful resources for family history research of people who lived in the Bathurst district.
NEW MEMBERS: The Joining Fee of $10.00 is payable in addition to the membership fee.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE: $25.00.
RENEWAL: The annual Membership Fee is due on 30 June each year.
Adjustment may be available for people who join part way through our financial year.
Apply for Membership
To apply for membership, please download, fill in and return a Membership Application Form with payment to the secretary. If the form doesn't open immediately, check your downloads folder
Renew your Membership
Download, fill in and return our Membership Renewal Form If the form doesn't open immediately, check your downloads folder
"Out of Town" members
- may request free research and lookups (within reasonable limits)
- receive our journal Carillon Chimes
- have access to our online resources
- have free access to all the group's resources by mail/email within the
limits of the available local volunteer members
- can contribute to our publications including our Members Interests
Directory AND Carillon Chimes.
- can have research inquiry listings published for free in our
- we are able to purchase and post, at cost, local history books and other resources that are only available locally (but please be aware that many publications are out of print and cannot be purchased)
- when visiting Bathurst, out-of-town members have access to everything the same as local members but it is recommended that contact be made before your visit so that a local member can assist you
We accept credit card payemnts but as we do not have a secure server, we recommend that you email our treasurer to arrange a mutually satisfactory time to phone her to advise your credit card details.
We can also accept payment by EFT. Our bank details appear on our order form or you can email the treasurer to request same.